Who could have thought that few cups of a refreshing drink could boost their health, slowdown ageing and make them slimmer. But, green tea an ancient Chinese drink does just that and more.
Green teacontains anti-oxidants that help fight the action of Free-Radicals on living cells. Pollution, smoke, sunlight, food etc all increase the number of free radicals in our body. Free radicals are the cause of various disorders and problems like cancer, cardio-vascular diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, tooth decay, wrinkles etc. Research proves that Green Tea can prevent and even reverse these conditions.
Green Tea Benefits on health
Green teahas the reputation of being effective in many medical conditions. Some of them are listed below:
1) ECGC an anti-oxidant in green tea lowers the risk of stomach, esophageal and liver cancer.
2) It lowers the level of harmful i.e. LDL cholesterol and improves the ratio of HDL: LDL cholesterol.
3) It inhibits the abnormal formation of blood clots which is a leading cause of heart attacks and strokes.
4) It protects the liver against toxic chemicals present in cigarette smoke and alcohol.
5) Its anti-bacterial properties make it a good mouth wash to prevent tooth decay and plaque.
6) Polyphenols another anti-oxidant in green teais effective in lowering the blood sugar level. Thus, it prevents and relieves type-2 diabetes.
7) It possesses anti-viral properties that inhibit the spread of diseases and helps in quick recovery from cold and flu.
Uses in Organic Beauty Preparations
Green Teahas replaced chemical anti-oxidants in make-ups, lotions and other beauty preparations. Concentrated green teacan be used at home to make a face wash, in a diluted form it can be used as a spritzer to freshen up face. Cotton soaked in green tea can be use to soothe tired and strained eyes. The leaves can be used as a gentle exfoliant to give you a healthy, glowing skin. It reduces the signs of ageing like wrinkles, thus leaving a younger looking skin.
Benefits in Weight Loss
Research shows that it increases the metabolic rate by 4 times and also acts as a glucose regulator. Drinking 3-5 cups a day can burn an extra 70 calories. Thus, it can be added to your weight-loss program.
These Green Teabenefits make it a magic word for beautiful, healthy and charming YOU.